Sunday, September 28, 2008

Waiting, and Waiting, and Waiting, and Waiting...

Hi everyone! If you're checking this, you're probably checking to see if I've exploded yet...nope, still pregnant.

My doctor has been out of town since Wednesday (today is Sunday) so I was actually hoping I would hold off until at least today...it would be nice to have my doctor deliver my baby, but it wasn't going to be the end of the world if he didn't. However, I don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

My last appt. was last Monday, and he basically said if I was still pregnant by next Monday (which would be tomorrow) that he would just send me up to Labor and Delivery after my appt. I feel like my body has made more progress. So, I think tomorrow may actually be the day! Perhaps the baby won't be born until Tuesday...but I think the action will start tomorrow. By the way...last week Merg was weighing in at 7.5 pounds. During the last month, it's normal for a baby to gain a pound a week, so Merg could very well be 8.5 pounds already! I'M READY!

Yesterday, I did a few things to help bring on labor naturally. I had two (yes, two) appointments for foot reflexology. This is supposed to bring on labor. At one point yesterday, I had four contractions (not very strong ones) exactly six minutes apart, but then they stopped. However, I think that's progress!

I also have been sitting on one of those big exercise balls...that's supposed to encourage dilation and push the baby farther down the birth canal, so I sit on that whenever possible. And finally, last night and this morning, I made myself a concoction of Castor Oil and Plum Juice. Yes, this will make the toilet my best friend for the next day, but the castor oil is supposed to encourage the start of uterine contractions. So, we shall see. I think I will hanging around close to home today!! At least my body will be cleaned out good before Merg comes. Hey, whatever helps...

It's so surreal to think that this may be the last time I am at home with Rich, cooking our usual Sunday breakfast, playing with Winnie, watching football games, and tomorrow, our lives can be completely different! But how wonderful our lives are about to become!

1 comment:

Dustin and Jessica said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! Hope Baby Novak comes today:)

XOXOXO,
Jess and Dustin