Friday, September 12, 2008

Time is flying!

I feel like I just started the school year, and now I'm down to one more week of work before my maternity leave! Hooray!! I can NOT wait!

We have done a lot of setting up around here. The pack and play is set up with its bassinet and it is eagerly waiting its first occupant! My mom and I went to Target and I picked out and stocked up on a lot of essentials for baby. I don't think I'll need to buy a single diaper until he/she turns 3, and that should be about the same time I run out of lotion and baby wash for him/her. I also bought a mirror for the nursery, an extra boppy cover (fleece for cold fall/winter months), some books, breastfeeding and travel accessories, and some other necessitites. And I STILL have more gift cards to use! Thank you to our wonderful family and friends!!

So that's been keeping me busy...getting everything set up around the house and writing over 100 thank-you notes. I'm almost done, so be patient...yours is on the way! Rich and I are just overwhelmed at the thoughtfulness and generosity of all of our family and friends. This baby is so loved already, and we are more than thankful for that! Words cannot express our gratitude!

I have also had to make some lesson plans and do some massive amounts of photocopying for my replacement teacher at school. That has kept me insanely busy while at work. I feel I have been VERY productive though!

We have NO plans this weekend. Nothing. Nada. And it feels great! Rich and I were thinking of sneaking away to Chicago overnite for a nice dinner and getaway before Baby, but I've turned into quite the homebody, and would be just as happy to curl up on the couch and cuddle with Winnie in our home. So, that's what we're doing.

I am at the point where I am very uncomfortable sitting for any period of time. I have to be moving around, or lying down. My feet also start to swell by the end of the day (nothing bad, just a little puffiness), but I'm managing.

It is so hard to believe that at any time we can be hours away from meeting our little bundle! I still feel like this is a dream! I can't imagine how much we are going to love this baby! We're in love already!!

No comments: