Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Longest Week Ever

Well, I think this has been the longest week of my life, and as I write this, it's only Thursday evening! AHHH! It is WONDERFUL not having to work (I can't imagine being this big and uncomfortable and teaching), but I'm ready for baby....I want the next chapter to start!

I've been doing everything I can to keep myself occupied. I have now taken all of the newborn and 0-3 months little outfits for Merg and hung them up in the closet, because I figured that would be easier to see the size instead of rummaging through drawers. Especially in the middle of the night. So, that's done.

I had our car seat re-installed in our car. I originally had it behind my seat...but when Rich went to get in the driver's side of the car, he didn't fit with the rear-facing car seat, so it had to be moved to the other side. So...for all you new and future moms out there...have the car seat installed either behind the passenger seat, or the middle of the car. Thank God the ladies at the police department were sympathetic and didn't mind reinstalling it for me. They also installed one in my mom's car. She got the same exact car seat as me, so little Mergie will always be in familiar surroundings. And so, that's done.

I have cleaned the house a bit, and tomorrow if I am still home and waiting...I will clean the bathrooms, finish cleaning our bedroom, and then our house is officially clean and ready for baby. I don't want to bring our baby home to a messy, disheveled mess...I want him/her to come home to a clean and tidy house...not like Merg will give a crap, but I will feel better.

Rich BBQ'd burgers tonight for dinner and they were delicious. We've spent the rest of the night on the couch watching my belly move and with Miss Winnie cuddled up between us. She's such a good girl. I can't wait to see her with Merg. I hope they grow to be the best of friends.

SO, this ends Thursday. I've been having more "practice" contractions and much more pressure down below. I am absolutely uncomfortable and feel as big as a walrus. I'm sure I've dilated more...but we still could be a few days away. HURRY UP MERG!

No comments: