Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates...whew!

Hi faithful readers,

Well, I made it through all the chaotic times that were lying ahead of me. I hosted my friend Julie's shower at my house yesterday (Sunday) and that went over VERY well and I had a great time planning that. I love having parties!

I went for a doctor's appointment today and was checked for progress. WARNING: You may read some information that is personal...but all modesty is out the window when dealing with a baby.

No dilation yet, but my cervix is very soft and should start dilating soon. The nurse said that we could probably plan on a September baby instead of October! Sounds good to me!

I had our infant car seat installed in my car by the Police Department. It looks very comfy and cozy and I just can't wait to see little Mergie riding home in it!

The baby's room is completed. All the toys have been put away inside the closet in the baby's room. Daddy assembled the toy box and we put some toys away in there. Daddy also assembled the stroller, and it's parked in the living room waiting for Mergie to come home and go for a stroll. It's so beautiful...I'm in love with my stroller!! Willbur has been sleeping in it getting it ready for Merg. Tonight, the pack and play gets set up on our first floor as a crib/changing area so I don't have to walk upstairs constantly when we get home from the hospital.

I arranged all of my diapers in order by size; arranged all the baby washes, lotions, diaper creams, etc., in the bathroom; and my hospital bag is just about packed; I still need to add some snacks, lip balm, reading material, Willbur, and something else I know I'm forgetting.

I'm ready! I'm so excited to meet this little person! I have 8.5 more working days until my maternity leave starts! WHOO-HOO!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO EXCITED!! I constantly check my phone for "tear up the sheets and boil the water!"