Friday, August 29, 2008

The beginning of the end...

So, I think I may have reached a pivotal point in this pregnancy. The past 3 days or so, I have had some sharp "pains" that occur very low and are strong enough for me to shout out, "Oh my God."

My friend Julie and I were picking up dinner last night, and the hostess was reading off our order from the receipt to us, and it happened right there, and I freaked Julie and the hostess out a little bit. In fact, I freaked myself out. It went away right away....but I had the same pain happen earlier in the day during my first hour class....those pains were exactly 12 hours apart.

Today, (Friday) around 11:00 I started getting lower back pain...and now I feel like I am just having bad menstrual cramps. I googled what this could possibly mean and it says it could just be related to the late stages of pregnancy, or it can also be an indicator of labor coming up shortly...

We still have a ways to go, so I think we'll be just fine, but I think these "pains" will be occuring more frequently now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awful and incredibly EXCITING at the same time! Little Mergie is planning his/her escape!!

Unknown said...

By the way... I am absolutely positive that, regardless of whether you do or not, I will be referring to this child as "Mergie" for the rest of its life.