Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Closer...

Yes, we're getting closer to the baby being born! That is fabulous and I am quite eager for that. However, have you noticed that we are almost a week into August already??? ICK!

August means the first day of school. Phooey. Just when I'm getting used to my summer routine, it's going to be uprooted and blown to pieces when my alarm clock starts ringing at 4:40 am and I am back at LC teaching hormonal teenagers. (I really do love my job....I just really love summer also.)

I guess it's not the end of the world, I am quite thankful that I have a job that lets me have 3 months off every summer, so I'm not complaining too much. I just hate going from doing nothing to working everyday and getting up before farm animals roll over for the last time.

I also changed my maternity leave dates today. I was going to work up until October 3...but now my last day will be September 19...so I will go back for a total of 23 working days. Not too bad! Then I'll be off until the second semester begins...January 20th. So, it's definitely something to look forward to. I just couldnt picture myself in my last 2 weeks of pregnancy teaching Ancient Roman literature and having to dress nicely...I'd much rather be in my hubby's t-shirts and pajama pants lounging around the house, watching trash TV and enjoying my last few days of solitude before our lives are completely changed. Oh, and of course spending lots of snuggle time with Winnie and taking some walks.

On WEdnesday, the man we hired to do the baby's room is coming over to put up the crown molding and wainscoting. I don't think it will take long, so hopefully we will have some pics up of that soon. We have all the baby furniture ready to go (except for the glider/ottoman) so we can move in the furniture, and then start washing clothes and putting them away!

Wow! So much to do yet...how can one little baby cause so much commotion already?? I can't wait!! Nine weeks to go!!

No comments: