Friday, August 15, 2008

A few Quick Updates

Sorry it's been over a week since our last post...things have been busy.

1. The baby's room construction was finished. It now contains crown molding, chair railing, and wainscoting. It looks beautiful and I wish I could post a picture for you, but my camera has now refused to cooperate with me. I'll see what I can do. We must be picture ready for when little Mergie arrives!!

2. Rich has to just do some touch up painting in the nursery and then it will be ready for the furniture to be moved in!

3. I've been busy getting the little details together for the shower...seating chart, RSVP's, ordering the flowers, cake, etc. It should all be so beautiful...everything I have been dreaming about for the last couple of years.

4. I've been helping my very good friend Julie with her wedding (her wedding date is October 10th...I'm hoping to make it somehow) and I just finished all the calligraphy for her invitations and I am also hosting her shower at my house in early September, so I've been preparing for that.

5. School starts on Wednesday for me. I went to my classroom early this week, and realized my computer (with ALL of my files and power-points, etc.) was missing along with a desk of mine. Luckily, I found it in the room across the hall from mine so my mom came the next day and helped me move it back. In that process, I realized that the lady who retired left behind a classroom full of brand new student desks, so my mom and 2 custodians moved those new desks into my room and my crappy, old, yucky desks were moved into the empty room waiting for the new teacher! :) HEY! Don't judge me...I've got seniority and damn well deserve those new desks.

6. I've been working more at Hohman Floral the past two weeks to set aside some extra money for my maternity leave. I work there tonight, and Sunday afternoon and that's it. I can't say it's my last day. I know I'll be back. Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy, and why would I go back to a part time job...but I REALLY like that job. It's like a little family there, and I just enjoy it. Especially at Christmas time...so I may go back for a day or two a week around the end of November to ease me back into the working world and get myself used to leaving little Merg. We'll see how it all goes...but that's what I would like. That can all change, but for now we'll call those my "plans." I will go back to teaching at the beginning of the second semester....January 20, 2009. My last day of teaching before baby will be September 19, 2008.

7. We met with the baby's future pediatrician yesterday, it went very well...I really liked him a lot. He's loud, funny, young, a daddy of three himself, and just overall, very charismatic. The office has well and sick waiting rooms, everything is brightly painted. I had fun just sitting there.

8. I think that's about it. This is going to be a fast last week of summer for me...but the weather forecast is bright sunny skies from today-Tuesday, so I plan on lots of pool time before I go back to work. But, for now, my work is getting a tan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in your blog!! Yes, you've been helping me TONS and you have NO idea how much I/we appreciate it!!

Jessica said...

It sounds like everything is on track:) The nursery sounds beautiful!!! I hope you have a wonderful start to the school year and an amazing baby shower...you deserve every minute of it!!!

Take care,
Jess