Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sign??

Before I forget about this...I have to post it.

On our last day in Florida, Rich and I went to the Green Turtle Inn, one of our favorite Islamorada restaurants, for breakfast.

If any of you know me well...you know I'm always looking for "signs." I'm a very superstitious person and always trying to look for hidden meaning in something.

Anyway...we walk into the restaurant for a delicious breakfast, and as we sit down, I realize the "Somewhere over the Raibow" Hawaiian song is on. We all know this song has meaning to me...

So, my eyes and ears perk up, and I try to find meaning as to why this song is on, and what it all means. The last time I had heard this song was on our way home from the hospital with TEN.

So, I look around and straight ahead of us was a huge wall of wine bottles. I zeroed in on one bottle that caught my attention and there it was: NORA wine. Now, why is this relevant? Had Tommy been a girl, his name would have been Nora. This is the girl name I've loved since the first time I was pregnant in 2004. I just think it goes well with Novak, and it's a 4 letter Irish name just like Erin is, plus Rich's Grandma's name is Norma, so it's sort of a shout out to her.

So...what did that all mean? I guess nothing really...it just gave me hope that one day I may be visiting that restaurant with both Tommy and Nora...and that made me smile. But, if God chooses to give us another boy sometime in the future, I'd be just as happy! It was just one of those little "signs" that I love.

***side note, a friend from high school recently had a baby girl and named her Norah...she's a beautiful little girl with the prettiest smile and wears the name well! I was hoping Tommy was going to be a boy so there wouldn't have been a Nora and Norah in the same classroom someday! Life just works itself out sometimes. Yes, I'm this much of a dork and think/worry about these things....***

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I also believe in signs and think this was a great one!!! I can't wait to see what God has planned for all of you. I know it is going to be great:)

The Moniak Family said...

What a nice little message from God :)

The Bognar Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bognar Family said...

I really do believe in signs, and thought your story was amazing. Maybe one day, my Norah will be friends with her friend Tommy's little sister, Nora. :)