Wednesday, January 7, 2009

14 Weeks Old - Stinky Piggies





Tommy is 3.5 months old! He's a big boy...probably about 17 pounds or so and is just the love of our lives. I knew I would love my baby when he finally arrived, but I was never aware of how intense that love can be and just how enamored I would be by his every sound, smile, gesture, movement, etc.

He's so amazing, and is developing right on track with everything I read in his baby book. He is smiling and I heard a distinct laugh this week. I haven't heard it since, but it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. He's just so precious.

He is doing very well with nursing and we are having to use less and less formula as supplements, but that's all going to go down the drain when I start working again in about 10 days. But, I'll be happy as long as he has at least 2 good feedings of breast milk until we hit the summer...we'll see how good we can be. I'm just going to have to put on my red cape and be supermom for a few months. It should be interesting pumping in my classroom during lunch and plan hours...Rich is convinced I'm going to forget to lock the door. I told him, "When I am sitting bare-breasted in my classroom with suction cups on my breasts, I think the lightbulb will go off in my head to lock the door." God bless the poor student who walks in if I don't. I'm sure it will work out just fine!

He has hit the spit-up stage. He spits up constantly now. Tonight, we have changed clothes 4 times. He has to perpetually have a bib tied around him, but somehow he's mastered the art of spitting up under, over, and all around it. Supposedly, 4 months is the primes age for this to happen to babies, so it's nothing out of the ordinary, or anything to be concerned about. It's just yucky. He managed to actually get some in my mouth on Friday. Probably got ticked that I said he had stinky piggies.

Anyway...to get Tommy to laugh, I nibble on his "piggies." I ask him "Whose stinky piggies are these?" And he gets a big smile on his face. His feet don't smell...don't worry, I just love teasing him about his stinky piggies. He smiles like he knows I'm kidding with him and smirks like he has some dark secret about his piggies.

Enjoy the photos of those little piggies! You just have to nibble on those! There's also one of him finally sucking his thumb!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!!! Enjoy every minute (and blogging it helps) as he is going to grow up so fast. My kids will be 7 in a month. It's incredible. Good luck back at work!

Carrie said...

I have a nice office with a door that locks that you can use to pump. And there's a fridge in there. You are free to use it if you can make the trip down to my room! And there's a couch in there. Just let me know! And...I can't believe he is 3.5 months old and 17 lbs. Tristyn is 7 months old and 17 lbs. Ah!