Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer has begun

Well, it's here...the first Monday with no school!
I have enjoyed every minute of it so far.
However, I did work for four hours at Hohman Floral, but that's my fun job.
Not that teaching isn't fun...but, oh hell, you know what I mean.

Mergatroid (Baby Novak) is getting bigger and bigger. The past three days we have enjoyed sandwiches, BBQ potato chips from Jimmy Johns, steak grilled by daddy, sauteed shrimp scampi, and ice cream. Plus lots of fruits and veggies.

On Saturday, I had a very special day visiting with roommates from college. It's so amazing to see us go from college sorority sisters to grown women with children. It's hard to believe we're at that point in our lives where having babies is the norm and not some juicy gossip circling through college campuses. It truly is amazing to see the circle of life and experience it first hand.

So, summer is off to a start. This is probably the ONLY time you will ever hear me say this, but I hope it flies by. I hope it's August before I know it...because little Mergatroid will be getting closer and closer.

First on the agenda...cleaning out the house. We need to get rid of all the extra crap that is just floating around in here. We plan on donating our "crap" to charities so it will feel good to clean out and help out! Then, we're starting on the baby's room. Rich and I are also putting up a fence (ok, Rich is) so Winnie can romp around the backyard without a leash and I'm sure the baby will appreciate in the years to come also.

Check back soon for more updates!

No comments: