Thursday, June 5, 2008

Busy Week

Hello Everybody!

This has been a very busy last week of school for me.
I had to grade about 90 research papers within this week because I've put them off for the last two months....bad teacher, bad.

BUT...I got them graded, and returned to my students.
They seemed pleased with their scores.

Tuesday night was graduation for the class of 2008. I work graduation every year, because it gives me a sense of fulfillment to see how proud they are of themselves, to see the proud parents, grandparents, etc. It makes all of my hard work worthwhile.

As I was sitting at graduation, I was listening to all of the speeches and ceremonies from a parent's point of view. I realized that in 18 short years I will be sitting at a graduation ceremoney for the little munchkin kicking inside me now. It made me wonder who this little person will be, what they will become, and, Godwilling, how many wonderful moments we have ahead of ourselves.

I was in the bathroom at graduation and a woman congratulated me, and I was so startled, I said, "For what, I didn't graduate today!" She said, on your baby, and for a second I was stunned. First of all, I guess it's now very noticeable that I'm pregnant. And second, she asked me boy or girl, I explained we don't want to know. And then she asked me how many others I have at home. I replied, "None," and she said, well then this certainly is a graduation for you.

Wow! Graduation to parenthood.
Graduation to being a mommy.
Is there a cap and gown for this one??

Congratulations LC Class of 2008!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Labe, this almost brought tears to my eyes! Happy "Graduation"!!! :)

Jessica said...

Hooray for summer:) You deserve to put your feet up and just dream about all of your family fun times on the horizon. I love reading your blog and look forward to more posts as you continue on your journey to parenthood.