Friday, October 10, 2008

What's in a Name?

We have received many compliments on the name Thomas Edward and many people just melt over his moniker "Tommy." We've been asked repeatedly how we came up with that name, so here it goes:

Thomas is my dad and my dad's father's name. So, Thomas is named after his maternal grandfather and great-grandfather.

Edward is Rich's maternal grandfather's name, making him named after his great-grandfather on Rich's side as well. Rich's middle name is also Edward, so this means that Tommy and Daddy get to share a middle name.

Overall, I think it's the perfect name for this little guy. He wears it well and his grandpa and great-grandpa just think it's wonderful and are so proud that he has such a solid, family name.

I personally like how his initials make up the word "TEN." As in, "Tommy is a perfect 10." What was even more appropriate was when I was being wheeled into Labor and Delivery the nurse told the nursing station, "This is Erin Novak," and the other nurse replied, "Take her into room 10." I knew at that moment our surpirse would be a boy! I think Tommy has many angels looking down at him and that was just a sign that everything was turning out like it was meant to be.

Life doesn't get much sweeter than this!

No comments: