Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring is Here!

I think spring has finally arrived!
It's supposed to be 63 degress today,
with perfectly sunny skies and we have a wedding
to attend today (the first out of ten this season!)

Thank you once again for all the emails and the cards!
We couldn't be happier and we are hoping the next six
months fly by! A lot of people have asked me how I am feeling
so I thought that would be our next update.

I am feeling pretty good overall now. The first 10 weeks or so,
I would literally come home from work and pass out on the couch.
And when I say pass out, I literally mean PASS OUT! I had a little bit of nausea
but only vomitted once. My mom had made me a big turkey dinner because I love
turkey, and it's nutritious, but I had 3 bites before it all came up.
I did eat the green beans, cucumbers, and a little stuffing though!

While we were on the cruise I was pretty nauseous. We took a day trip to the beach in the Dominican Republic and it took 45 min. on a widing pothole-filled road which made me extremely motion sick. It took me about 2 days to recover from that and I wasn't able to look or think about food for those 2 days. I ended up coming back from a 10 day cruise with not one pound gained, so that was great!

So, not too bad overall. At 13.5 weeks, I'm still pretty tired, but making progress. I have a little belly, and it seems to be growing rapidly. It's kind of making me nervouse of what nine months will look like! (But, in honesty, I can't wait for that big belly!)

I avoid caffeine, I try to eat fruits and veggies everyday, but seem to eat a lot more fruit. I drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of cereal, and truly crave pizza, especially from The House of Pizza in Hammond. My mouth just watered a little bit. Chicken and turkey, which are usually my favorites, don't really please me anymore. I also normally don't eat a lot of red meat, and that has changed. I want to eat steaks, sausages and a craving for burned (on the grill) hot dogs has arisen more than once.

I will try to take a belly shot tonight when getting ready for the wedding. Check back soon!

No comments: