Thursday, April 17, 2008

Movement!

Hi Everybody! What an exciting week this past week has been. I felt the baby move earlier this week! My students asked if I could feel it kick, and I said, "No, it feels more like butterflies flittering around in my stomach." I think some of my boys were grossed out by it, but most of them seemed really intrigued and love to ask me questions about it. (And of course I love talking about it!)

I can feel the baby move when I am laying down (particularly on my right side) or when I am talking a lot. Today, my classes were reading Act II of Julius Caesar, and as I was giving them their daily notes, I could feel it moving around. It almost tickles.

The first time I felt it was in the middle of the night. (Actually it was probably midnight, but when I go to bed at 8:00....midnight feels like the middle of the night). Rich had just got home from work, and I woke up and couldn't imagine why my stomach felt so weird. It felt like gas, but there was no gas to pass. (heehee) Then it dawned on me that it was the little munchkin moving around! It must have been happy that daddy was home. What a sweetie! And its poor mother thought it was just a fart brewing...

Have a great week, and check back for more updates soon!

No comments: