Saturday, April 12, 2008

Groggy, Rainy Day

Well, I spoke too soon! Spring was here, and now it's left again.
It's in the low 40's and raining. Very gray. Very dreary.

BUT, it's still a beautiful world, because there's less than six
months until we meet our little bundle of joy!

We went for our 14 week dr. appt. on Thursday. It all went very
well. They checked all my vitals, and everything was great.

In total, since finding out I was pregnant, I've gained seven pounds,
which is not too bad at all. Some of my coworkers at LC have commented
that I look great, and don't look like I've gained anyting but baby!
What a great compliment!

We had another ultrasound and we saw how big he/she is getting! We saw hands with little fingers, VERY long legs with feet and they were kicking away! On the head you can clearly see a nose and mouth, but it looks very alienish. The nurse said an alien appearance is normal at this stage since the fetus is very boney (bony?? sp?) and does not have a lot of fat deposits yet. The nurse could not get over how long its legs were! It must be coming from Rich's side....his dad is over 6'6". She assured us that it is growing rapidly, my uterus is the right size, and everything looks great.

I still feel tired and just peeled myself off the couch to write this, and yesterday was feeling very nauseous in the evening. We have our next appt. in 3 weeks, and will get to hear the heart beating away! We saw it during our last ultrasounds, but are anxious to hear our little munchkin.

Keep checking updates! The nurse said I should be feeling little flutters very soon!

No comments: