Monday, November 17, 2008

Seven Weeks Old

Why is time going by SOOO fast??

Can you believe in another week Tommy will meet his 2 month old birthday? Holy cow! This has been a VERY big week for Tommy...

Tommy, you have grown so much this past week. I know I keep saying that, but you really have grown! We have noticed that your eyelashes have grown incredibly longer in the past week and your thighs are chunky little things. It seems like all of this stuff has happened overnight! You're still a little peanut, but you're definitely filling out.

During the past week we've kept our normal routine, but you made it easier on mommy and daddy, because you started sleeping very soundly during the night. You now sleep for a minimum of five hours! I think there was a time when you even slept seve hours and mommy felt like she could run a marathon with so much sleep! What's even better is that once we get up and get you changed and fed, you go back to bed for another 2-3 hours!

On Friday, mommy and Gammie took you in for your 6 week dr. appt and your first round of vaccinations. You screamed and turned purple when the needles went in, and mommy sobbed holding your hand and rubbing your head telling you it would be ok. I just couldn't stop crying. I couldn't stand to see you cry and be in pain. You stopped crying pretty soon after it was all over, but your mother was still crying. I got control of myself again and we were able to go home. Your doctor called later in the afternoon to check on ME, not you. She was concerned about how upset I was! (Tommy's doctor is a friend of mine that I have gone to school with since first grade. I assured her I'm just a little emotional these days...I'm fine!) We came home and you weren't feeling well at all. You had a pitiful little cry that wasn't your normal cry, and you didn't want to eat an ungodly amount of food like you normally do. I gave you some tylenol and we went to bed early with daddy and slept all night. You're doing just fine now...although I think mommy is still recovering.

As of your appt on Friday, you weighed 11 pounds 14 ounces, measured 22 1/4 inches and your head was 39 (cm??). All of your mesurements were in the 50th percentile. 100% perfect!

On Sunday, you went to your first birthday party! Your cousin Susan turned 3 and we went to the Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlor in Forest Park to celebrate. You were too young to play the games, but you hung out with us and showed everyone how cute you are. You got to meet lots of Auntie Dana's friends and Susie's friends, and also got to meet and spend time with Unlce Kurt and Uncle Kris! Uncle Kurt said you looked like a "total Krull."

And, today, on your seven week birthday, you gave mommy the best gift I could have ever asked for. I walked up to you in your little baby papasan chair, and said your name. You looked at me with those big blue eyes and smiled for the first time! It melted my heart and made me realize that everything I had been dreaming about these last few years are becoming reality. I often think about how many wonderful events are lying ahead of us and just can't wait to see you grow and share your life with you.

As the holidays get closer, I start to think about how last year at this time, your mommy and daddy were just hoping and praying for you. Little did I know last year when I put up the Christmas tree that you would be here now! So, today, as I put up the Christmas tree, I'm completely in awe of how God does answer prayers and is still making miracles. You are the biggest miracle to ever come into my life. As I am getting ready to take you to bed now, there is the first snow of the season falling outside of our window, our Christmas tree is twinkling, and you are in my arms! You're no longer a dream! I think this is a season for miracles and I hope God answers more prayers this year like he did for our little family.

Time to take you to bed now! Sleep tight baby boy and thanks for making my dreams come true!

No comments: