Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Five Weeks Old

Tommy is officially getting bigger!

Tommy, you have grown so much; it's hard to believe! Your head is much bigger and your body is filling out. You're definitely a little longer too. You also have big feet.

Your newborn outfits are still fitting, except a few. Mommy and Daddy's favorite was the turtle outfit and that no longer fits you. I put you in it yesterday for the last time, and it broke my heart. You only stayed in it for an hour while I fed you in the morning, but then we took it off because your poor little feet were cramped.

Last week was your first bath in the big boy bath tub. We had just been giving you sponge bath wipe-downs until then. You LOVE to be in the bath tub! You don't fuss. Your first bath you pooped in it, and your second bath was poopie free! You're so precious during bath time!

Your biggest event last week was going to Gymboree. It's a mommy and me play group and we sing songs and do things to help baies learn how to focus, and other developmental skills. It was so fun! Mommy cried through the whole thing. I just got overwhelemd thinking that this was your first "class" and once again, I couldnt believe that I was there with MY baby, playing with you and singing songs to you. Mommy and Daddy waited so long for you, and it still gets a little emotionally overwhelming to me. I was crying tears of joy, but I still felt like a fool. I never knew "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" could make me cry so much! On your baby shower invitation, it said "Twinkle Twinkle little star, how we wonder who you are." I kept thinking about that and how excited we were to meet you, and here you were right in front of me, and I couldn't help but cry! When I say you are a dream come true, you really are a dream come true.

I think that's about it. Dorothy and Stephanie visited with you on Sunday while Gammie was babysitting. Daddy and I had escaped for a four-hour break to watch the Bears game and drink some "root" beers. We had a good time, but like always when you're not with us, we got out our cell phones and looked at your pictures and came home sooner than planned to be with you!

I can't believe you're over a month old already! We love you more and more each day and mommy loves playing with her little butterball.

No comments: