Tuesday, November 25, 2008

8 weeks old

Tommy is offically two months old! Can you believe it?

Tommy, we had a pretty quiet week around here. We did a lot of resting and snuggling at home. It was pretty cold around here so we stayed in, did some work around the house, did a little shopping, and overall, took it easy.

You have continued to grow even more. You finished off the last of your size 1 diapers and we officially moved to size 2. Again, it broke my heart a little bit to see you grow even more, but they fit you better. And I'm glad to see that Pampers has brought back Cookie Monster in the size 2. How dare they leave him out in the size ones!

**Side note*** Pampers uses Sesame Street characters on their diapers and on the newborns and smaller sizes they feature "baby" sesame street character. The characters grow with each size, meaning that Pampers makes the characters mature as the baby matures. Like I said, the newborn and size 1 and 2's are cute, adorable little baby sesame street guys...then, the other day in Target I peeked into a Pampers Cruisers size 3 and Cookie Monster looked like some old, scary animal. I'm having enough to deal with as my own baby grows, and now I have to watch Cookie Montster mature right before my eyes. I think Pampers is deliberately trying to make me miss the newborn size of my baby and put it into my brain to make another one. Seriously. I think these diaper companies have a conspiracy! lol.

So, Tommy, you just continue to grow and amaze us! You probably weigh about 13 pounds or so by now and are just the sweetest little butterball. You are smiling a little more often, and Gammie even saw you laugh in your sleep. You're sleeping through the night. We go to bed around 9 and you wake up at 4:30. I feed/change you and we sleep until 7:30. You're such good baby!

Your passport came in the mail this week, so you're ready to join the fmaily adventures of traveling! Hopefully it won't be too long before you go on your first vacation! Your passport picture is so funny...you're just so damn cute!

Well, time for me to go feed you, get you changed, put you to bed and do some more quick cleaning before I go to bed. This is a big week coming up with it being your First Thanksgiving!!

Night night Butterball.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Size 2 diapers?!?! Holy cow. Tristyn is almost 6 months and she is finishing up the pack of 1-2s. I need to feed her more. Your boy is adorable! When are you coming back to school?