Friday, August 7, 2009

10 Months and on the Move!

These few pictures clearly illustrate why babyproofing is necessary in our home. We took a ride to Babies R Us today to take a look at some gates to keep Tommy confined in the family room, but I didn't feel like spending over $200 on babyproofing materials, so I've decided to use the good old-fashioned "No" command. I'll babyproof anything that can severely harm him (like the stove) but if he pinches his fingers or something, he's going to learn the old fashioned way that he can't do that. I hope I don't sound cold-hearted, but honestly, if I were to babyproof everything it would be exepnsive, time-consuming, and just insane. I may change my tune, so don't hold me to this, but I am hoping it will be manageable if I keep my eye on him, use his playpen or walker when I can't keep my eyes glued on him, and just use common sense. So, enjoy the pictures of our little man exploring the house.

These days, Tommy is constantly on the move. He started crawling Saturday night, July 18th, in Louisiana when we were visiting my sister's family. He started off by taking very teeny tiny crawls, but now, a few weeks later, he is full-speed ahead! His favorite things to do are to crawl to the back door to sit by Winnie, crawl to the wine cabinet and open/close the door, crawl to the stove and open the bottom drawer, and crawl to the kitchen table and push/pull the chairs back and forth. He is very fast and definitely responds to "NO!"

Tommy has been pulling himself to the standing position for the past week now. He is starting to take very teeny tiny steps while standing up holding on to something, but that's about it...no full-blown walking yet. But, I think it's just around the corner.

He has two more bottom teeth coming in and four teeth on top coming in, so needless to say, this has made for some crabby nights...but he's still a little angel. He truly is the best baby, and I can't believe ten months have gone by since he has come into our lives. He is such a fun baby, and I make sure to laugh with him every day. I make a "spooky" laugh at him, and he loves it. It always makes him laugh. I love to kiss his chubby cheeks and make "munching" sounds while doing so; that also makes him laugh. Enjoy the pics...he's soooo much fun!

No comments: